The bibliography is presented hereunder under the following heads. Since the bibliography is for a historical Cause, the bibliography is presented in a chronological order. This will show the flow of material from the year of martyrdom down to the present day.
- Studies made On the Servant of God
- Doctoral Dissertations – Published
- Master’s Degree Papers
- National Symposium
- Folkloric Sources: Traditional Dramas
- 1752 (1?) Buttari Giovanni Battista, Letter of Buttari on Persecution (Italian – Microfilm). Location: AJMP, Shanbaganur, Tamil Nadu, India, Shelf 207, File: 37/920.2
- 1752 Thomman Thirumuthu, Vedasachiyin Thuyaramana Padaigal (The Sorrows of A martyr’s Journey – Tamil). Location: Family Archives of Amalagiri Anthonymuthu, Manali, Thuckalay. Transcript location: AOCD, Bishop’s House, Nagercoil, India.3
- 1752(3?) Buttari Giovanni Battista, Letter of Buttari on Martyrdom of Lazarus (Devasahayam – Italian). Location: AJMP, Shanbaganur, Tamil Nadu, India, Shelf 207, File: 37/909.4
- 1756 Clemens Josephus, Ad Limina Visit Report of Bishop Clement Joseph (Latin). Location : ASV, City of Vatican, S. Congr. Concilii Relationes, 237, Fol. 53-74.5
- 1757 Buttari Giovanni Battista, Necrologia del P. Giovanni Battista Buttari † 19 Maggio. Location: ARSI, Rome, Vitae 95, fol 55-59V.
- 1773 Cariyattil Joseph, “Noticias do Reyno do Malabar” - Micro filmed no. FG 536, 1-29; FG 33, 1-32; and FG 36, 1-12. Location : ABNL, Lisbon.6 ........ Cariyattil Joseph, Historia Verdaderira da Christandade de S. Thome Apostolo no Malabar. Location : ABNL, Lisbon, same as above.
- 1773-1786 Paremmakkal, Thomman Cathanar, Varthamana Pusthakam. The orginal manuscripts, leaf 254, AMCK, Kakkanad, Ernakulam, India.7
- 1851 Docket Sheet, subject titled, Christian Converts – Their treatments in Travancore. Unpublished official letters of year 1851 and 1853, no. C-215. Location: Nalanda Archives, Thiruvananthapuram.8
- 1890 Docket Sheet, Prisoners – Sentenced under Trial. no. C-3729. Location: Nalanda Archives, Thiruvananthapuram.
- 1896 Zaleski, Archbishop Ladislaus Michel, Les Martyres de l’Inde, manuscript completed on 25 June 1896. Chapters XXXIV to XXXIX on Devasagayam Pullay together with the Chapter XL on L’Infant Arulapen. Location : ASV, City of Vatican. Arch. Nunz. India n. 8, 122.
- 1900 Zaleski, Archbishop Ladislaus Michel, The life of Devasagayam Pillay, a martyr in Travancore, unpublished manuscript, Location: ASV, City of Vatican. Arch. Nunz. India n. 8, 122.9
- 1907 Fr. Adrian Caussanel, Historical Notes on Thirunnelveli District, unpublished manuscript, AJMP, Shenbaganur, Tamil Nadu India, File Number not available.
- 1908 Perrpquinn, Rev., The History of the Vadakankulam Christianity -1851 to 1857. Unpublished Manuscript, AJMP, Shenbaganur, Tamil Nadu, India, File C 215, Chapters XXXI, XXXIIA, XXXIIB, XXXIII.10
- 1936 Philipose, Handwritten Letter to Bishop of Kottar- 7 December. Location: ADKR, Bishop’s House, Nagercoil. …….. Philipose, Handwritten Letter to Bishop of Kottar- 13 December. Location: ADKR, Bishop’s House, Nagercoil.11
- 1949 John O.I.C. Handwritten Letter to Bishop of Kottar. Location: ADKR, Bishop’s House, Nagercoil.12
- 1986 Martin, Fr., A Missionary from Titiviley. Location: ASV, City of Vatican, Arch. Nunz. India n. 8, 122.13